jueves, 14 de agosto de 2014

Convento Santa Catalina de Siena

El Convento Santa Catalina de Siena, que se encuentra junto a la iglesia homónima, fue el primer convento para mujeres que se construyo en la ciudad de Buenos Aires. Se albergaban a las monjas Catalinas en sus claustros, hasta 1974. Fue inaugurado en 1745. Se encuentra emplazado en el barrio de Retiro, entre las calles San Martín, Viamonte, Córdoba y Reconquista. Fue declarado Monumento Histórico Nacional.
Lugar ideal para escapar del ruido y el ajetreo diario del microcentro. Su jardín interno es un lugar ideal para recluirse, por lo menos durante la hora del almuerzo!

 The Santa Catalina de Siena Convent, found right beside the church that carries the same name, was the first convent for women in the city of Buenos Aires. It was home to the Catalina nuns, which were cloistered within its walls, right up to 1974. The building was finalized in 1745. It can be found in the neighbourhood of Retiro, between the streets of San Martín, Viamonte, Córdoba and Reconquista. It has been declared a National Historic Monument.
It is an ideal place to escape from the everyday noise and hassle of downtown Buenos Aires. Its internal gardens are a great option to escape, at least during your lunch break!